More and more people are becoming aware of the effects of eating habits and lifestyle on the environment, and many are trying to change their lifestyle and habits to become environmentally friendly. One such habit or part of the lifestyle is the use of plastic bags. Many of us use it for various reasons and have used them for years together. However, it is time to understand that we are harming the environment when we use the plastic materials too much. Paper bags seem to be an option, but it is necessary to find out if this option is viable or not.
Comparison between plastic bags and paper bags
• Everyone is aware that the plastic is not biodegradable, which means that the plastic bag will not break even after centuries. On the other hand, the paper bags are decomposed compared to the previous one. Therefore, the things that are easily broken down are better alternatives.
• It is a fact that plastic bags can be recycled many times and new plastic products can be produced. Recycling paper bags can be a bit complicated because paper degenerates faster and therefore fewer paper bags are created after recycling.
• Plastic bags pose a danger to marine life and wildlife since it has been shown that plastic debris has caused deaths in many animals and birds including marine animals. The danger from paper bags is not difficult because water and air cause them to break down faster.
• Plastic bags are lightweight, and therefore they create less solid waste compared to the paper bags. Waste paper bags fill more landfills than the plastic bag waste.
• Plastic bags can be reused many times, but paper bags cannot be used as they easily tear. So it has to be said that the plastic bags are reused more than the paper bags.
• Many researchers and data have also shown that plastic bags produce less environmental damage than paper bag manufacturing.
As we can see, the two types of bags have some advantages as well as disadvantages. Both are to some extent harmful to the environment and therefore it is people's decision to use both types of bags after deliberation. Recycling and recycling plastic bags and paper is the way to ensure that you do not cause great damage to nature.
Now with the help of the internet, we can buy paper bags online as well, because there are many websites that provide this opportunity.